We turned to one of our trusted methods: a proof of concept prototype. It was operated by (of all things) a midi controller. This allowed Kirk to adjust individual parameters on the controller while viewing the full screen photo on the iPad. During this process, we discovered iOS has a limited number of built-in parameters for photo editing, so we rolled up our sleeves and custom coded the missing parameters into the prototype. We managed to fast-track the POC app by focusing our research and development skills on the core functionality. This prototype allowed Kirk to collaborate with our developer, by instantly seeing the effects, validating their quality and providing the exact settings to recreate Mastin Lab’s presets. Once the they were perfect, we leveraged the workbench library for the iOS 10 app.