Moby, Inc. is seeking a Technical Project Manager to join our team! Headquartered in the Fremont neighborhood of Seattle, Moby is a digital product development firm focused on building products that are scalable, well-built, and meant to be used by real people.
Moby is looking for someone with experience using multiple project management methodologies and who possesses superior organization and technical documentation skills.
The ideal candidate has chosen project management as a profession, respecting the trade and the value that a truly good PM can bring to a project. They are an excellent communicator, have a head for technical concepts, and excel at client relations. They also enjoy keeping up-to-date on the latest technology, patterns, and gadgets.
Each project is a team effort, and our TPMs serve as shepherds, motivators, and advocates. Here at Moby, you’ll be managing a diverse portfolio of projects that demand attention to detail from products, games, or apps for established and start-up companies, to internal initiatives and maintenance requests for existing clients.
Our TPMs are responsible for developing detailed project plans that include accurate timelines, budget allocation, and resource allocation estimates, and then executing upon this plan with excellent project management support and change process skills. They are also responsible for monitoring and reporting on project progress, issues, risks, and results to external clients and the internal leadership team.
Along with competitive pay, great benefits, dedication to work/life balance, and generous vacation time, Moby offers a fun, social environment with a culture of accountability and aptitude.
- 5-7 years of experience in managing full lifecycle digital products, preferably with a product development organization or digital consultancy:
- Heavy emphasis on consumer grade products with iterative UI/UX, design, and development
- Equally heavy emphasis on responsive web, native mobile applications, and enterprise-level SOA applications
- Solid fundamental project management skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects in a cross-functional environment
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with clients and internal audiences
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate teams to apply skills and techniques to solve dynamic problems
- Considerable experience in a client-facing PM capacity
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall methodologies, and the know-how of when to apply them
- Strong understanding of software design patterns and best practices
- Aptitude for quickly grasping new technical concepts
- Mastery of project management, version control systems, and organization tools such as Jira, Trello, Gantt, Git, Subversion, Basecamp, etc.
- Ability to identify project risks and work with senior leadership to mitigate those
- Excellent understanding of the digital product lifecycle and code release cycles
- Experience bringing to market digital products for iOS, Android, and web platforms
- Considerable experience in requirements gathering and written documentation, including product specifications, business requirements, as well as statements of work, change requests and other boilerplate materials
- Ability to work independently and own a project from start to finish
- BS/BA degree or equivalent technical experience
- Scrum Master and/or PMP Certification
- Project experience with brainstorming, mood boards, storyboards, user flows and task analysis
- Working knowledge of content audit methods, sitemaps, use cases, and user data analysis
- Practical experience with Sketch, Marvel, Fluid UI, protio.io, Flinto, or other rapid prototyping tools