We build awesome, and we need your help.
We're looking for a thoughtful, empathetic, and experienced designer who loves to craft mobile and web products. We build all kinds of product ecosystems, so you'll often work on the entire stack; application UI, responsive web UI, dashboards, CMSs—you name it. It will be your job to imagine how people could experience an app or site, then bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined, and understandable.
You'll architect and design new user-facing features for a variety of product types, from native apps on iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Android, to responsive web applications across multiple screen sizes and devices.
We highly value internal and external collaboration. We work with our clients to get to know both their business needs and their users' needs, well before pencil hits paper. You'll help lead this process, so strong communication skills, brainstorming, and a willingness to listen will be key to your success at Moby.
We may be a product development firm, but we think of ourselves as a diverse group of designers and developers that craft beautiful, useful, well-built solutions. We have a wide range of clients and we love to make products that solve interesting problems in creative ways.
Our office is a fun, sociable environment with a culture of accountability, ownership, and aptitude. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, and generous vacation time. We're located in the Fremont neighborhood of Seattle, WA.
We are committed to diversity and encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
- Hands-on experience designing; creating user stories, personas, ecosystem maps, competitive audits, wireframes, prototypes, and beautiful design comps
- A solid design background with an obsessive eye for visual and interaction details
- Ability to think about product strategy and vision at a higher level
- A deep understanding of native app and responsive web interface guidelines
- Experience performing partner and user interviews
- Self-motivation with the ability to work independently and be responsible for a project from start to finish
- Enjoy working closely with team members on large-scope projects
- Enjoy presenting and can passionately and effectively talk through design decisions
- Understanding of basic SEO and web technologies such as HTML & CSS
- Relevant degree from an accredited school or equivalent career experience
- Experience creating hand-off materials and documentation for development teams
- Working knowledge of content audit methods, sitemaps, use cases, and data analysis (Do you love to geek out over site analytics?)
- Experience building products with various web technologies (Do you code?)
- Experience creating project documentation such as functional specs
- Practical experience with Sketch, Marvel/InVision, Flinto, or other rapid prototyping tools
- Working experience with agile methodology